Tuesday, May 17, 2011

trials and triumphs of a man after GOD's own heart

A long day,
as usual.

Councils and assemblies to be met with,
decisions to be made and executed,
the mounting stress and panic that comes with power.

Candle light flickered across the decree he was supposed to be signing,
the words seemed to blur before his aching sleep deprived eyes.
David! Come here!
David! What about this? David! Listen to this!
David! Why haven’t you done that yet!

Suddenly, his racing mind and his panicking heart stopped.
A cool breeze shifted the palace veils and slid across his face. Trillions of stars shimmered above his head and his soul filled with longing. A deep passionate burning in his heart arose causing him to pray to God.

“Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! 4:1
Make Your way straight before my face. 5:8
Lord do not rebuke me in Your anger…I am weary with my groaning…
I drench my couch with tears.” 6:1&6
 
Large teardrops rolled down his cheeks cascading onto the parchment before him.
He tried to quell the sobbing of his throat as he stumbled over to a couch.
Flinging himself down his heart broke before God.

“Hear  just cause, O Lord…
You have tried me and found nothing…
Incline Your ear tome and hear my speech…
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings from the wicked who oppress me.” 17:1, 3, 6, 8

He blotted his eyes with the corner of his sleeve and took a deep breath of the night air. As it filled his nostrils and expanded his lungs, it swept through his jumbled panic filled mind and a peace that transcended all understanding soothed his troubled spirit like a balm on parched lips.

He sighed,
“O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup.16:5

 …the man whose delight is in the law of the Lord…
He shall be like a tree planed by rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in season
whose leaf shall not wither and whatever he does shall prosper. 1:1-3
 
You have relieved me in my distress. 3:4

Make Your way straight before my face.”5:8

At this, his heart was filled with the peace of God.  

As the love of the Father stilled his mind,
his head melted into the pillow and he drifted into
the calm, quiet rest of the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment